Saturday, July 5, 2008

Angelina Jolie uses the death of her Mother as Muse for Assassin Movie

Angelina Jolie said she decided to take a role as an assassin in the action movie ‘Wanted’ to help her get over the death of her mother. The actress, who is currently in a French hospital awaiting the birth of twins, admits that she took the role to help keep her mind off of her mom, Marchline Bertrand who died of ovarian cancer in February 2007.

“My mother had just passed away and I wanted to do something physical to get it out of my head for a while,” Jolie says. “I felt I was going into a very dark place and I wasn’t capable of getting up in the morning, so I signed up for something that would force me to be active.”

Meanwhile, Jolie is due to give birth to her fifth and sixth children with partner Brad Pitt. The 33-year-old checked into a French hospital last week for “surveillance” before the arrival of the twins. She and Pitt already have a biological daughter and three adopted children.

No comments: